Friday, September 12, 2008

I Peed on it !! by Mel


Morning Sickness ?!?!? What an understatement! Try “All Day” sickness. It really is quite terrible, but don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t trade it for a second, not with what we get when it’s all over! Around May or so there will be a little Trey or a little Melanie added to the family tree! We’ll find out a more precise date on the 30th when we go for our first prenatal appointment.
So one of the weirdest things that have happened since we found out that we are having a baby is with the "Candy Issue." I always said that I would give up candy when I had kids because I don’t want them eating it and turning into candy monsters like me. Well I don’t think I really need to worry about the difficulty of quitting something I have loved my whole life because the little bean in my belly has already made that decision for me, no candy for mommy! I feel like I am in the twilight zone when I go shopping and reach the candy section, which is quite extensive in America, and has long been my favourite part of any store. My stomach writhes in anger at the smell and especially at the thought of eating anything in aisle 10 or 11. I just don’t get it, it’s like telling someone not to breathe. I think we’ll be getting egged at Halloween this year because we might end up giving out raisins!
To look on the bright side, I heard a rumour that people who have a ‘difficult’ pregnancy usually have an easy delivery, so we’ll keep our fingers crossed!

7 comments:

Annie Pennington said...

I'm SOOOO thrilled for you! My heart is just racing with excitement! I'm sorry you are feeling lousy, hopefully that'll diminish very soon. Congratulations!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys...........................................XO XO XO !!!!


NO CANDY.......lol....what a kid !!!!

I'm Erin. said...

Yea! So happy for you both :) Sorry you're feeling crummy...I totally sympathize and that's one of the big reasons we're done having kids. But it is worth it! We love our WF baby :)
I'm looking forward to watching you grow!

Anonymous said...

Dude congrats! Pam says the 1st trimester is the worst; it's better after that.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

You should feel better after the first trimester. However, sorry to burst your bubble but a difficult pregnancy does not make for an easy delivery. That really is a rumour - probably started by a man :-)

Rachel said...

I am so excited for you! My first trimester was spent NOT puking but wishing I would. I was totally nauseous but never barfed. It was worse, I think! People say all kinds of things about pregnancies and deliveries and they all end up being totally true or untrue! It's all totally unique for you. I can tell you one thing though...no such thing as "easy" delivery. It all hurts! But so worth it! And not that bad.

Rachel said...

P.S. Maybe candy will come back to you. By five months, all I wanted were those weird gummy fruit snack things, not gummy bears, but fruit snacks...the off brand store variety, not even good ones. So, there's hope for your sweet tooth. First trimester though, I ate nothing but Cheerios, like six at a time.